Friday, June 13, 2014

Book Snap: Mark Lanier's "Christianity on Trial"

For today we have another gateway apologetics book to consider, and this one's more of a familiar trope: Lanier is a well-known attorney who takes a legal approach to apologetics. How does he do? I can't say entirely, since only one chapter is within my expertise (on the Resurrection). I'll be sending this one to Nick Peters to evaluate the rest. What I can say for sure is that Lanier's presentation is satisfactory for a gateway book. It's not exactly the "hit 'em with evidence hard" approach, though; it's more of a methodological apologetic, with Lanier explaining in some depth how he would approach arguing his case if he were in court (for example, what witnesses he would call, and why).

As an information guy, who has also worked in a law library, this was nothing new for me, but I can see how new readers would benefit. So by all means, give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment