Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 2011 E-Block

Time for the July 2011 E-Block summary!

The Musicians' Gambit, Part 2 -- This time I profiled the group Casting Crowns. I was told their theology was more solid than most, and I agreed – definitely much better fare than most of the stuff I hear.

Ghosts of End Times Future, Part 3 – Another grab bag of arguments made by heretical hyperpreterists, evaluated.

A Ride in the Reconstruction Zone, Part 1 – A new series on the teachings of R. J. Rushdoony. I’ve been told some awful stuff about him by various folks, so this series will be a check-it-out. So far – no harm, no foul, but I still have to enormous (and controversial) books of his to look at.

The Take on Pancake Earth -- a fresh look at claims that the Bible teaches a flat Earth. I discovered something I think may be entirely new.

Is Thom a Moral Misfit? Part 3 -- Last in series on Thom Stark's critique of Paul Copan. You’ll also want to check out where Copan and Co. are responding to Stark on the Parchment and Pen blog. As for this one, it’s relatively short because it is mostly “been there done that” topics.

Biblical but Not Christian? -- Guest writer W. R. Miller on a claim by minister Henry Brinton, regarding American religious values.

What's the Connection? -- Guest writer Jeffrey Stueber on UFOs, Obamacare, environmentalism, and more...connected how? You’ll have to read it to find out.

Subscribe

1 comment:

  1. I have one of Casting Crowns' albums, and was impressed by their lyrical depth.

    ReplyDelete